Join the team and cycle from London to Paris for a truly unforgettable experience - make friends for life, push yourself past your limits, but most importantly - make memories you’ll cherish for a lifetime while raising funds for an amazing cause!
8th-12th June 2022
Registration for challenge early morning in Croydon and start cycling at 7am through Kent to Dover. Ferry to Calais. Distance – 86 miles
Cycle from Calais to Arras through charming villages and along quiet country lanes. Distance – 77 miles
Cycle from Arras to Compiègne passing numerous WWI memorials and monuments through the Region of the Somme. Distance – 75 miles
Cycle to Paris, along the Champs-Élysées, round the Arc de Triomphe and finish overlooking the Eiffel Tower from the Champ de Mars. Celebratory meal. Distance – 70 miles
Free morning in Paris, before catching the Eurostar to London where you are re-united with your bicycle. If you're on our Tour de France finale date, you'll spend the day watching the greats cycle into Paris before making your own way to Gare du Nord to catch the evening Eurostar to London where you are re-united with your bicycle. Please note, this is a complex itinerary and subject to change.
We’ll spend 4 days in the saddle, cycling over 300 miles from capital city to capital city.
Our adventure starts in London, taking us through glorious English countryside on our route from Kent to Dover.
Once across the channel, we start cycling through France, remembering to keep to the right! We bike along quiet country lanes, through traditional market towns with views of the rolling green hills of Northern France, passing the war memorials and cemeteries of the Somme.
A breathtaking finish awaits us as we reach the home stretch, cycling around the Arc de Triomphe and along the Champs Elysées, before reaching the piece de resistance, the Eiffel Tower!
The cycling may get tough but with the sense of achievement we will all feel crossing the finish line and the euphoric atmosphere as we celebrate our achievements in this magnificent capital, the saddle soreness soon wears off!
Join us, join in! Rejoignez-nous! Se joindre à!
• One way ferry crossing from Dover to Calais
• One way Eurostar ticket from Paris to London
• All accommodation with the exception of the evening prior to the start of the challenge
• Lunch on day 1, breakfast, lunch and dinner on days 2, 3 and 4, and breakfast on day 5
• Refreshment stops including water, fruit and a variety of snacks/energy bars/cereal bars every 15-20 miles cycled approx.
• Back up and support vehicles
• Route markers or cycle guides
• English-speaking guides
• Global Adventure Challenges Event Crew
• Mechanic support. Basic spare bike parts will be taken but please note, we cannot cater for every eventuality, therefore it is vital that participants ensure that their bike is in full working order and in good condition.
What's not included
• Breakfast and dinner on day 1, lunch and dinner on day 5
• Alcoholic drinks
• Bicycle hire – each participant must bring their own recently serviced bicycle
• Bicycle insurance
• Travel insurance
• Tips and gratuities
Check out the website alderheycharity.org or email us for more details firstname.lastname@example.org